Thinning is the reduction of crown density by removal of selected limbs. Most trees are thinned by a maximum of 30%. Weak, damaged, crossing and out-of-place branches are removed to greatly improve the health, safety and appearance of a tree.
The beautifully structured perfect trees you see in city parks have all been carefully thinned by arborists. All Tree King arborists are well trained in thinning and other forms of tree surgery. All work is carried out in accordance to the latest arboricultural practices. Contact us now for a free quote>
Some objectives for thinning might include:
- Safety – A thinned tree is far less likely to blow over or have branches break
- Aesthetics – A properly thinning tree looks much nicer
- Health – Thinning allows greater air flow throughout a trees crown
- Improve balance – Some trees develop unevenly. Thinning can help balance them
- Light – Thinning can allow more light to pass through the canopy to the ground below
- View restoration – Trees can be thinned allowing views between branches
- Fruit production – Thinning can aid fruit production
Tree King holds independently audited certification in Safety, Environmental and Quality standards. We are committed to maintaining the highest performance in all parts of our operation with a focus on continuous improvement in our business systems.
Great job, meticulous, really lovely to deal with, clean up was great and wood all stacked well – did everything! Couldn’t say enough good things.