Tree king offers an excellent bamboo clearing and cutting service although the cost of this type of work can potentially run into the thousands due to the difficulty involved in disposing of the cut Bamboo.
Many of our clients choose to handle the cutting down and disposal of the Bamboo themselves in order to reduce the cost, then get us in for the root grinding. For best results we strongly recommend the entire plant be killed off completely using poison and cut as close to the ground as possible prior to grinding.
Bamboo removal is a challenging task which can easily get very expensive. See our Bamboo rooting grinding service for a cost effective alternative.
Some important factors to note concerning bamboo are:
- Generally, it costs money to dispose of it even after chipping due to its fibrous nature. To minimise cost sometimes it is possible to just leave bamboo chip onsite to breakdown naturally. For small amounts a skip can often be quite cost effective.
- It spreads. Some varieties more than others. If you remove all the bamboo from your property but there is still a portion of the plant growing next door it will spread back on to your property over time. Sometimes landscapers can erect barriers to stop bamboo spreading.
- It requires multiple applications of poison – regardless of the type of poison used bamboo is likely to need multiple applications a few weeks apart to actually kill it. If part of the plant is left, such as when part is growing in a neighbouring property, you may never be able to kill it completely.
- It grows back. Regardless of the method of removal there is always a chance of re-shooting. This is especially true if there is more bamboo growing nearby. We have found the best method is to completely kill the plant with poison such as Amitrol then grind the roots and stumps with a stump grinder. Alternately, Grind first then poison any re-shoots using Amitrol poison. We have found these methods to be the most cost effective for bamboo eradication.
- The chips and stump grindings produced while processing bamboo are often stringy, fibrous and unattractive. If you are cutting your bamboo down yourself ensure that the stems are cut as close to the ground as possible prior to grinding. The lower they are the less mess there will be mixed up in the soil after root grinding. For sites that need to be immaculate we suggest digging out the grindings and spreading new topsoil over the area.
North Shore residential services
Tree King is the only company with a yard on the North Shore who has the capability to off load chip produced on the job, ensuring more time spent working on your trees than driving to other drop off locations. This fact along with our small coverage area, modern machinery and high volume trucks makes our crews highly efficient.
Tree King holds independently audited certification in Safety, Environmental and Quality standards. We are committed to maintaining the highest performance in all parts of our operation with a focus on continuous improvement in our business systems.
It was a ridiculously hot day and they worked virtually nonstop to get the job completed. It was done exactly as agreed, all timber stacked and manageable and the left tidy.